Pick up service to selected hotels in Kyoto is available. Please contact us for more detail.
After assembling at AVANTI Sunrise Tour Desk, located at Kyoto Station, you'll join a whole day tour of Kyoto & Nara.
You will enjoy visiting the follwong places:
* Nijo Castle (UNESCO World Heritage site)
- It was built in 1603 as Kyoto residence of the Ieyasu Tokugawa, the fast shogun of the edo government. ***On Tuesdays in January, July, August, and December, Nijo Castle is closed. The tour will visit Ryoanji Temple instead.
* Kinkakuji Temple (UNESCO World Heritage site)
- It is a famous structure of Muromachi period. Kinkakuji means golden pavilion and literally it is covered by gold.
* Kyoto Imperial Palace (except Mondays)
- See the Kyoto Imperial Palace, which was used as the Emperor's residence until about 150years ago.
On Mondays, Tuesdays if Monday is a national holiday, May 14-17 for the Aoi Festival, New Years's holidays, and whenever there is an Imperial House hold event, Kyoto Imperial Palace is closed. On these days, the tour will visit Kitano Tenmangu Shrine Instead.
Kitano Tenmangu Shrine (Monday and Tuesdays when Monday is a National Holiday)
- On Monday and Tuesdays if a naional holiday falls on the preceding Monday, this tour will visit Kitano Tenmangu Shrine instead of the Kyoto Imperial Palace. It is famous for housing the God of scholarship. This shrine's main hall is a designated national treasure. The shrine is especially great to see during the plum blossom and autumn leaf seasons.